Check out this Chinese tripe recipe and learn to cook this delicious Sichuan-style spicy tripe. This dish is a popular appetizer in Sichuan, China.
To see cooking process of this dish, please watch Americans in Chinese Kitchens Episode 4: Sichuan Cuisine.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min
How Many servings: 2
- 1 pound tripe, cleaned and cut into 2-inch long shreds
- 3 tablespoon ground red chili pepper powder
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 to 4 ginger slices
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon Chinese Sichuan peppercorn oil
- 5 dried red chili peppers
- 2/3 tablespoon Chinese Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 large cucumber, cut into1-inch long shreds.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shanxi mature vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Sichuan chili sauce
In a small bowl, mix ground red chili pepper powder, garlic slices, ginger slices and green onions. Boil tripe for two minutes, cool it with cold water, and dry it.
Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add vegetable oil, Sichuan peppercorn oil, dried red chili peppers and Chinese Sichuan peppercorns. Heat the mixture until dried red peppers just start to become black. Pour the mixture in the bowl with ginger, garlic, green onions and pepper powder. In a large bowl, mix tripe with cucumber shreds and pour the oil mixture in this large bowl. Season the mixture with soy sauce, peppercorn oil, Shanxi mature vinegar, salt and chili sauce, and serve.