Check out this Chinese pork soup recipe with detailed instructions and learn how to cook this healthy and delicious pork rib, carrot and corn soup.
To see cooking process of this dish, please watch Americans in Chinese Kitchens Episode 4: Sichuan Cuisine.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 2 h
How Many servings: 3-4
- 1 pound pork ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup rice cooking wine
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pieces corn, cut into 1-inch-long sections
- 5 dried red chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1 green onion, cut into 2-inch-long sections
- 3 ginger slices
- 5 pieces garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
Put pork ribs into enough amount of water and heat the water over medium-high heat. Add rice cooking wine. Take out the ribs when the water starts to boil. Discard the water.
Add 6 cups of clean water and the ribs into a pot and heat it over medium-high heat. Add dried red chili peppers, Chinese Sichuan peppercorns, star anise, green onions, ginger slices and garlic slices. Bring the soup to a boil. Add corn and carrots. Reduce heat to low-medium. Simmer, covered, for about 2 hours.